What was HyperCard?
- CompileIt! Manual - This is a PDF of the manual to CompileIt!, a HyperCard stack that allows you to write HyperCard command plug-ins that access the Mac's system API and let you do everything any Mac programmer could do.
- HyperTalk Reference - This is a PDF containing screen shots of most of the pages of the HyperTalk Reference stack that came with HyperCard 2.4.
- MediaTalk Reference - This is an HTML-dump of the MediaTalk documentation included with Oracle Media Objects.
- Why HyperCard was so f***in' great! - Presentation from NSConference 2014
- The xTalk Interviews - Short FAQ-style interviews with various people from the history of HyperCard and its clones.
- Pantechnicon - Lots of HyperCard stacks. These are the files that used to be hosted at the HyperCard Pantechnicon.
Open Source HyperCard
- The xTalk interpreter archive - Lots of HyperTalk-like programming languages, with source code
- OpenXION - A cross-platform HyperTalk-like programming language written in Java, with source code.
- HCX - Mac OS X source code for reading HyperCard stacks.
- stackimport - A command-line tool that exports HyperCard stacks into image files and XML suitable for import into other applications.
- CinsImp - A HyperCard clone that runs on the web. This is a port of a previous Mac desktop application of the same name, for which Source code is available.
- HyperCardPreview - An application written in Swift that tries to faithfully render HyperCard stacks on OS X, bitmap fonts and all.
- Stacksmith - An open source HyperCard clone-in-development of which you can already try occasional builds.
- HyperCard File Format - A description of the general structure of a HyperCard stack on disk.
- Pierre's HyperCard File Format - A modified version of the HyperCard File Format description above that contains additional information. Contributed by Pierre Lorenzi.
- AddColor Resource Format - A description of the general structure of the resources used by HyperCard 2.3 and later to store color information.
- ColdCoffee HyperTalk to Java converter - A bunch of Java source code files that read a subset of HyperTalk and create Java source code from that.
- XFromApp XCMD engine - Old C/C++ source code for running HyperCard plugins (XCMDs and XFCNs). Mostly of historical interest.
- HyperTalk 1.x BNF grammar - A grammar for the HyperTalk programming langiage.
Commercial HyperCard clones
- SuperCard - The first HyperCard clone. For Mac OS X.
- LiveCode - Originally known as MetaCard, this cross-platform IDE runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, iOS and as a browser plugin.
- BayCard - A modern HyperCard-like system for the Mac with Button Tasks/ClickScript-style programming.